Monday, April 21, 2008

Leadership Resources

I have been working on a project for work recently that I wanted to share with you. I have been charged with looking at one of our leadership development programs and assessing how we should change, recreate, and/or suspend it to better align with our mission. My work on this task brings back many great memories of my Program Evaluation class with the one and only Peter Magolda at Miami University. Essentially, I'm doing "backyard research" for all you CSP junkies.

Anyway, what I see as relevant for this blog is not what the program is about or the work I have done assessing it, but instead the information I have found that I think you might find useful. Check it out and let me know what you think...there are a lot of cool opportunities out there for people like us. I just wonder how often we take advantage them. The web page where I combined this information for students is here.

Please also share resources you have so I can add them to this list.

1 comment:

Denny Roberts said...

Dear Kevin - I saw your post on my blog and I wanted to return the gesture. It's great to see you out here. As you know, I've found blogging a great way to reflect on my experience, interact with others, and push all to think about things in a little different way.

I've become aware that I'm a little more cautious these days because my role can be a big public. I don't know that many of my current colleagues are reading my blog but I want to be respectful and careful. I'm sure you'll run into some of this as well.

It's hard to imagine that you're now in a leadership development role and charting brand new paths. I know you will be great, especially with your wonderful external self-processing that your friends enjoy and love so much.

Best always,
Denny